(I’ll be posting more over the next month! Life has held many opportunities, and the blog fell by the wayside. I’ve missed writing, and there are quite a few random posts & thoughts that I’d like to share! I hope you’re all doing well! -Lianna)
This year, I didn’t get sick. (There was one day that I got home and felt really weak, and just needed to sleep. A long nap and taking it easy the rest of the day seemed to do the trick!) For me, a year without being sick is actually pretty amazing. The past few years, I was sick a lot. When I did get sick, it often also took quite a long time to fully recover. I wanted to share some reasons that I believe I was able to stay healthy in 2018! Perhaps you’re working toward better physical health and will be interested in reading. Only God knows all the reasons why I stayed healthy, but I believe that these factors definitely contributed:
- Positivity. Within the past year, I’ve definitely been more intentional about the people I let into my life. Positive relationships have been such a blessing! I’m glad to
be done with relationships that demean me and drain me. I’m a child of God, and so are you! We deserve relationships filled with joy and light. What’s the point in relationships that only bring frustration?
- Gratitude. Our mental health and our physical health really are connected! I’m really focusing on the “bright side” of life and praising God instead of complaining! It has made such a positive difference in many ways. As you begin to live in gratitude, you’ll find it much easier to be grateful than to complain!
- Balance. This actually goes along with positivity. I’ve worked jobs before that bring intense stress and little joy. Interestingly, I had to take many sicks days at those jobs. At this time, I’m blessed to have flexible jobs (with encouraging work environments) and to work part-time. It really makes a difference, physically and mentally! Especially since I live in a country that seems to promote workaholism, it’s refreshing to be able to live a more balanced life.
- Purpose. I have a lot to stay healthy for! The positive relationships I mentioned above, my school program, personal interests, the people I serve in my job…God has gifted me with so much, and I’m excited to live His call on my life!
- Clean diet. Now, I’m not going to say that I eat a “perfect” diet. Believe me, I don’t!
However, I have found that as I began to eat in a more healthy way, my body craved nourishing foods, and I found unhealthy things less palatable. Most of the time, I’ve been able to stick to eating healthful foods.
- Sleep. No matter how much is on my to-do list, sleep is always a priority! I can’t focus or do well without sleep. Sleep is vital to energizing and restoring the body.
Most of all, I’m grateful to GOD for keeping my body healthy & strong! Praise You, Lord!
What do you think are some keys to staying healthy?