I decided to hop on the 7 Quick Takes bandwagon this week! It will probably not be every week, but I’m happy to share with you some thoughts about staying healthy, peace, and Christmas this Friday!
1. Today was my last day of work–I’ll be off all of next week and able to celebrate Christmas with my family! What a gift that will be. I’m ready to re-charge my batteries and spend quality time with people I love, while also celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! I hope that you are also able to have some time re-charge, and most of all, simply reflect on Christ!
2. I am loving the On Guard® blend! (photo copyright of
Each morning I’ve been rubbing a little on before work. It smells so pleasant, being a blend of wild orange, cloves, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary! It’s very soothing, along with its powerful immune-system boosting properties. I credit it (along with other factors) with helping me stay healthy–it seems that nearly everyone at my office have battled sickness, but I’m still standing strong! (Thank You, God!)
3. It’s difficult to eat healthy around the holidays. It seems that celebration always = a lot of sugar. Excess sugar is not good for your immune system. Remember, moderation is key! Being careful about your sugar intake can help keep your immune system strong. Also, drink lots of water with sweets–it will help clear out the sugar from your system.
4. Look for the next post in my wellness series this weekend! It will focus on mental/emotional wellness. I posted the spiritual wellness post earlier in the week. The physical wellness post will come after Christmas. I hope that this series, though the posts may seem basic in some aspects, can help people live a life of greater wellness!
5. Pray, pray for the world, my friends. Fast if you can. There is so much violence and hatred. I’m not going to link to any news stories, because I’m sure you’ve heard some of them. It is more important now than ever that we turn to prayer. We cannot change hearts; only God can. Trust that by your prayers you are helping to bring about peace in some way.
6. Personally, I like the peace prayer of St. Francis. Gandhi wisely quipped that we should, “become the change you wish to see in the world.” By being people that carry Christ in our hearts to the world, we can help to bring about greater peace. Create a sanctuary of peace in your heart, a manger, that always holds Christ. In this way, you will bring His peace to those around you.
7. Are you ready for Christmas? It is coming so quickly! More than ever, this world needs our Savior! As you wrap gifts and sign cards, don’t forget to make room in your heart for Him. After all, the birth of Baby Jesus is what we celebrate!